– PhD Degree – Faculty of Medicine and Odontology, Universitiy of Valencia, Spain
– Ophthalmology degree – Ophthalmology Department, University’s Hospital, Coimbra, Portugal
– Medical Doctor Degree – Faculty of Medicine, Universitiy of Coimbra
– Post-graduate in Forensics Medicine – “Instituto de Medicina Legal de Coimbra, Portugal”
– Post-graduate in the Advanced Leadership Program- anagement and Leadership of Health Units – “INDEG- SCTE- Instituto Universitário de Lisboa”.
PROFESSIONAL AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
Current: Retina consultant, Researcher and Principal Investigator in Clinical Trials at the Medical Retina Unit of the Ophthalmology Department, “Centro Hospitalar Entre o Douro e o Vouga”. Part of the Doctorate consultants of the SIFESP (Serviço de Investigação, Formação, Epidemiologia e Saúde Pública) of the CHEDV.
Former: Clinical researcher and Reading Center (ReCRI) responsible at the Clinical Trial Center of AIBILI, (from 1999-2010).
Principal Investigator and Sub-Investigator in over 49 Clinical trials.
Member of the Scientific committee of: GER, Retina Course; Clinical Research Course for Ophthalmologists
Permanent Speaker of the Annual Refraction Course for Residents; Lecturer in 10 Imaging, OCT and Medical Retina specific courses; Tutor of Ophthalmology Residents (3); Examiner of Ophthalmology Board Exam.
Invited Professor at the Escola superior de Saúde do Porto.
Ophthalmology Professor responsible for the implementation of the Medicine School form the University of Aveiro, Portugal